On 27 June 2013, His Serene Highness Hereditary Prince Alois witnessed the ceremony of the establishment and opening of the Consulate of the Principality of Liechtenstein in Singapore. The formal Instrument of Appointment signed jointly by His Serene Highness Hereditary Prince Alois and Liechtenstein’s Prime Minister, Adrian Hasler, which formally appointed Mr Loo Choon Chiaw as Liechtenstein’s Honorary Consul in Singapore, was presented by Her Excellency Minister Aurelia Frick, Liechtenstein’s Foreign Minister to Mr Loo during the ceremony.
In connection therewith, a celebration lunch reception was held in Raffles Hotel. Other than His Serene Highness Hereditary Prince Alois, Her Excellency Minister Aurelia Frick and Mr Loo Choon Chiaw, the lunch reception was attended by more than 260 people, with many local and foreign dignitaries including:-
- Mr Sam Tan Chin Siong – Singapore’s Senior Parliamentary Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Mayor of Central Singapore;
- Mr Baey Yam Keng – Singapore’s Member of Parliament ;
- Mr Desmond Lee Ti-Seng – Singapore’s Member of Parliament ;
- Mr Sitoh Yih Pin – Singapore’s Member of Parliament;
- His Serene Highness Prince Max von und zu Liechtenstein;
- Her Serene Highness Princess Angela von und zu Liechtenstein; and
- His Serene Highness Prince Philipp von und zu Liechtenstein;
as well as ambassadors and representatives of 28 countries and business leaders in the region.
As a clear sign of the deepening of bilateral ties between Singapore and Liechtenstein, a Double Taxation Treaty (避免雙重稅收協定) between the two countries have been signed in the afternoon. Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong will also be hosting a dinner at the Istana in honour of His Serene Highness Hereditary Prince Alois on 27 June 2013 .